|Location of facility | How to reclaim your vehicle
Welcome to the UR VMS Vehicle Storage Facility
The UR VMS Vehicle Storage Facility is operating for the City of San Antonio and is tasked with responsibility for the impoundment and release of vehicles that have been wrecked, abandoned, or recovered, and also for vehicles belonging to prisoners as well as other vehicles involved in various police investigations.
The Vehicle Storage Facility maintains this database to track vehicles that are brought to the Vehicle Storage Impound Lot.
Location / Hours of Operation
View Larger Map
|3625 Growdon Road
San Antonio, Texas
Phone: (210) 431-8200
Hours of Operation:
24 Hours - 7 days a week
The Vehicle Storage Facility (or "Vehicle Pound") is located on the west side of the KellyUSA runway, south of US Hwy 90. To reach the Vehicle Pound exit Hwy 90 onto Acme Road; take Acme south to a "T" intersection with Growdon Road; turn right (West) on Growdon and follow it around the northwest perimeter of Kelly until you reach the marked entrance to the Vehicle Pound on the right (west) side of the road. The main office is located a quarter mile west of the marked entrance.
Reclaiming Your Vehicle
To reclaim your vehicle from the Vehicle Storage Facility, you should follow the steps listed below:
DETERMINE THAT YOUR VEHICLE IS AT THE VEHICLE STORAGE FACILITY.
- A vehicle may be towed if it is in a wreck or has been abandoned.
- A vehicle is towed when its driver is arrested.
- Recovered stolen vehicles are also towed to the Vehicle Storage Facility.
- You may access the Vehicle Database List through this web site,
- Or you may call (210) 431-8200 .
- The Vehicle Database List includes ALL vehicles currently at the Vehicle Storage Facility.
DETERMINE THE CHARGES ON YOUR VEHICLE.
- Charges include:
- Towing (see schedule of costs below)
- Impound Fee ($20)
- Daily Storage Fee ($20 + tax each day) - A daily storage fee may be charged for any part of the day, except that a daily storage fee may not be charged for more than one day if the vehicle remains at the VSF less than 12 hours. In this statement a 'day' is considered to begin and end at midnight
- Drive Shaft Fee: $35 (If drive shaft is dropped)
- Notification Fee: $50 (Added only after 2nd day of storage)
- Charges are listed in the Vehicle Database List or can be accessed by phone.
- ALL charges are current & correct ONLY through MIDNIGHT on the day they are listed/quoted.
- MINIMUM TOWING CHARGES (approx):
$132.00 Light Duty Wrecker Tow
$132.00 Flatbed Tow
$30.00 Dollies (if necessary)
$267.00 Medium Duty Wrecker Tow
$35.00 Dollies (if necessary)
$345.00 per 2hr Minimum ($690.00) Heavy Duty Wrecker Hookup
Fuel Surcharge as required
NOTICE: BEFORE YOU GO TO THE VEHICLE STORAGE FACILITY, READ THIS:
CALL the Vehicle Storage Facility at (210) 431-8200 to make sure your vehicle is released for pick-up (some vehicles have a "hold" and cannot be released).
NON-OWNERS: Call the Vehicle Storage Facility at (210) 431-8200 to learn what ADDITIONAL documents you must bring if you are not the legal, registered owner (on the title) of the vehicle you wish to pick up (if you are acting as an agent for the owner).
THE VEHICLE STORAGE FACILITY VEHICLE POUND IS OPEN 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK.
- Vehicles may be claimed 24 hours a day.
- The vehicle's OWNER MUST bring the following to claim a unit:
- A valid government photo identification card or driver's license.
- Proof of ownership (original Certificate of Title; a REASSIGNED title less than 30 days old;
current registration receipt; or Bill of Sale less than 30 days old).
- Proof of Current Insurance on the Vehicle.
- Call (210) 431-8200 for additional instruction if owner is unable to claim vehicle.
**** Also note that you must not have any outstanding tickets or warrants if you are picking up a vehicle. Please settle those with Municipal Court first.
PAYMENT MAY BE MADE THROUGH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Certified Check, Money Order, Cashiers Check
- Credit Cards now being accepted (Visa, MC, & Discovery)
- Personal Checks: Accepted from the registered owner only AND drawn from a local bank..
Find Your Vehicle
Need to find your car?
Use our online vehicle locator to confirm the location of your vehicle and get an estimate of any associated fees.
Look no further
Looking for a Good Buy?
Now you can attend our vehicle auctions in person or online! Preview vehicles online or visit our location to see which vehicles are right for you.
Auction Presented By: